National Apprenticeship Promotion Scheme (NAPS)
National Apprenticeship Promotion Scheme (NAPS) is a new scheme of Government of India to promote apprenticeship. It was launched on19th August 2016. Apprenticeship Training consists of Basic Training and On-the-Job Training/Practical Training at workplace in the industry.
- To promote apprenticeship training and to increase the engagement of apprentices.
- To create Unskilled workers to Skilled workers.
- To overcome Unemployment.
Benefits of NAPS
- Sharing of 25% of the prescribed stipend, subject to a maximum of INR 1,500 per month per apprentice per month to the employer.
- Exempted by paying PF & ESIC for the duration (6 months - 36 months).
- Sharing of cost of basic training with Basic Training Providers (BTP); up to INR 7,500 for 3 months/ 500 hours.
- Contract letter for every apprentices.
- Completion Certification from Government of India
- Coordinate with MSDE for contract letter for Apprentice(s)
- Compliance & Filling MSDE report and assistance during Audit
- Getting an approval for BTP, Training & assessment
- Uploading of required documents in portal for NAPS claims